Seconds
Dälek: Distorted Prose

By: Scott McKeating
2005-03-23



Posted 03/23/2005 - 05:08:34 PM by gloden:
 True. Out of all the underground hip hop acts cluttering the soundscape currently, Dalek is the one that could easily kickstart their own genre. Their stuff is just so dense and, dare I say it, unique that it deserves it's own classification. When I saw them live a month ago, 80% of the audience struggled to find something to enjoy, shifting constantly and glancing around the room, obviously uncomfortable. The other 20% just banged their heads furiously for an hour. There's a counterculture waiting to emerge there, I think.
 
Posted 03/24/2005 - 01:57:17 PM by digestion:
 For a long time I thought I'd never really be able to get into a hip-hop artist as much as I was into other genres. But then I saw Dälek live, and my opinion immediately changed.